A man who has committed a mistake and doesn't correct it is committing another mistake.
~Confucius~

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Composition by Anthony

The Dangers of Nature


“Wow! I think it’s going to rain,” I said to nobody in particular as I stared up at the dark ominous clouds that threatened to rain. No sooner had I made that statement, when it started raining buckets. A lightning bolt sliced through the air and thunder rumbled. The wind howled and screamed through the streets. I looked back. My parents were completely engrossed in their favorite show “Phua Chu Kang”. My sister was in her room reading books. I was watching Mother Nature unleash her fury.

All of a sudden, my sister appeared at the staircase. “Mum! Dad! Come, quick! There is a leak!” she called. I noticed the staircase was wet. We sprinted up the staircase taking two steps at a time. We burst into the room and looked around.

I spotted a big hole in the ceiling. Water was steadily leaking out. I stood dumbfounded as I started at the hole. Water had already begun to gather at my feet. As for my father, he took the bull by the horns. He dashed downstairs and got a bucket. He put it under the leak and then told us to mop up the water. By the time we finished mopping, it was bedtime. I brushed my teeth, said good night and went to bed. All through the night, I heard the sound of dripping water.

The next day, when the rain stopped, my father called a repairman over. That gloomy evening had been an exciting one. It also enlightened me on the dangers of nature. What if the whole roof caved in? It made me realize how lucky I was to be living in Singapore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one ANT!!! I read it over and over again billions of times and enjoyed it!! KEEP UP!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's one to top the table. Strive for better! good work

Agalia said...

Great work!How did u know so much good phrases???